Before sending your first campaign, you must have at least one active list with at least one valid subscriber.
Go to the Contact Lists tab, where you will see the number of active lists, subscribers, the number of emails sent and the engagement percentage.
We recommend using one master list for all your clients. You can later create groups within this list.
- Click on the list’s name.
- Click on Add contacts on the left hand menu.
- You will be asked to confirm that you have permission from the recipient(s) to add them to your list.
At this point, you can either:
Upload a .CSV, Comma delimited (What is a CSV?)
If you have an existing list, this is your fastest and easiest option.
Enter contacts one-by-one
If you only have to add a few new subscribers
Remember: You can only email a person, not a group (emails will be sent to “jane.doe@”, but will not be sent to “sales@...” or “accounting@...” )
By the way: How old is your list? If you haven’t spoken to your “customers” by email in the past 6 months, we recommend launching a reconfirmation campaign to avoid any kind of complications - such as account suspensions or being flagged as Spam by your customers.
Getting brand new subscribers:
From your website
- Access your list by going to the Contact List tab and click on the desired list.
- Click on Manage Forms on the left hand menu.
- You will have the option to either grab the HTML code to embed on your site, or use a direct link to the form.
- Grab HTML Code will give you the code to embed the code on your website. Feel free to customize your form
- Direct Link will give you the direct link to the form
Note: If you have any personalized fields on your list, they will be added to the form.
Important: A Confirmation email is preset to be automatically sent to them, followed by a Welcome email once they have confirmed their email address. You can personalize the welcome and confirmation emails.
At your brick and mortar building? At events and tradeshows?
Make sure you have a paper form or an iPad so people can fill in their information while they’re waiting to pay. Use a confirmation email to make sure the address is valid.
Next step: Preparing your first email